• Formulate the development strategies and plans for the development activities such as project contraction and other issue to ensure the Company meet its corporate objectives-short & long term.
• Foster and manage critical relationship with strategic partners and key stakeholders at top level to ensure synergy and buy in for the Company development activities.
• Direct and provide advice to the subordinates within the Department & in prioritizing projects at key location / with strategic partners to ensure long term advantage for the Company.
• Lead, drive and monitor development and delivery of projects at the targeted timeframe and within budget & specifications.
• Ensures the successful implementation of the financial and strategic objectives of Development to meet its targets & shareholder expectations.
• Lead in negotiations and building relationships with key stakeholders, e.g., state & local authorities, business partners and contractors, to enable the smooth-running of development projects for the Company.
• Provide strategic direction and guidance in land identification and acquisition to enable the specific functions to manage the process smoothly.
• Provide support in high-stake negotiations at top and middle level to ensure alignment at strategic and operational level for the Company to meet business objectives.
• Provide leadership and direction on project planning, execution & monitor its performance to ensure that standards and efficiency of projects are met.
• Provide coaching and mentoring of staff and monitor talent management capabilities within the department.
• Monitor and control development departmental and project-related budget, ensuring wherever possible, cost effectiveness is achieved.
• Participate in the formulation of corporate strategy and long-term plan of the Company, particularly in PR1MA development, including its sub-operations such as land and project management.
• Perform all other duties deemed necessary as assigned and required by superior from time to time.
• Bachelor of Engineering / Architecture / Quantity Survey / Town Planning or equivalent.
• 20 years and above of related working experience in construction & property development industry.
• Good understanding of planning & building by laws.
• Good understanding of the overall process of property development.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Technically inclined individual with good leadership & reporting skills
• Strategic thinker & innovative
• Excellent interpersonal skill especially in dealing with local authorities, developers & consultants
• Able to drive the team to achieve high productivity level